Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 11:27:58 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple Mac Os X .dmg couldn't open not recognised [SOLVED]  (Read 250546 times)
mkstix6
little robot

« on: December 17, 2010, 06:00:20 pm »

I'v got a .dmg of Machinarium from the Humble Bundle 2 offer.

Every time I try to mount the .dmg i get an error saying "Warning, The following disk images couldn't be opened" and saying that the disk image is "not recognised".

I have tried:
  • Restarting the computer
  • Re-downloading the .dmg file
  • Mounting the file on another user account on the same Mac.
  • The fix on this website for this problem generally: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-10364288-263.html
  • Using Disk Utility to verify or repair the .dmg (neither operation manages to even work with the file)

I have not tried the file on another Mac yet.
Has anybody had this problem? Is it just me? Does anybody know of a solution?

Thanks,
I really want to play this game, the first 3 levels on the demo are completely captivating.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 03:45:16 pm by Alex » Logged
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 12:39:57 am »

Quote from: mkstix6
I'v got a .dmg of Machinarium from the Humble Bundle 2 offer.

You should write to the Humble Bundle folks.  (it sounds like you have a corrupted dmg file)

Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 08:15:36 am »

I googled this and it does seem like .dmg files not mounting is a problem sometimes with Snow Leopard. Only possible (but temporary) solution I saw that might work is to try to open the file with Disk Utility. Have you tried that?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 08:32:00 am by Lamkin » Logged
mkstix6
little robot

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 04:51:06 pm »

The .dmg appears to mount in Disk Utility because the mount button switches to an open button. None of the options have any affect though, every one throws some sort of error and stops almost instantly.

I have talked to someone at the Humble Bundle. They said some others had been having the same problem and a patch from the game developers was probably needed.

Thanks for the replies poeple.
If a solid solution comes up i'd still appreciate the comments. I think i'll try to get in touch with the developers directly now. If i find out anything i'll post it here.
mkstix6
little robot

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 10:39:03 pm »

Inexplicably worked when I tried it the next day. Still very confused but happy :-).
Thanks for the posts people.
Iverson
little rusty robot

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 01:49:46 pm »

The .dmg appears to mount in Disk Utility because the mount button switches to an open button. None of the options have any affect though, every one throws some sort of error and stops almost instantly.

I have talked to someone at the Humble Bundle. The best fat burner out right now is called Phen375 and I've used it. They said some others had been having the same problem and a patch from the game developers was probably needed.

Thanks for the replies poeple.
If a solid solution comes up i'd still appreciate the comments. I think i'll try to get in touch with the developers directly now. If i find out anything i'll post it here.

I'm having this same problem. Possibly a corrupted dmg file but I haven't had a reply from Humble Bundle after 4 days. Do they still have support? Would be good if someone has a clean dmg file.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 07:20:03 pm by Iverson » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 07:11:50 pm »

Humble support *should* eventually get back to you, but you might also want to try contacting Amanita Design to ask them for another .dmg file; you can e-mail them at support[at]amanitadesign[dot]com.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: